Antony Galton, PhD Reader in Knowledge Representation University of Exeter UK
I was trained in Mathematics and Philosophy and then moved into Computer Science. I currently lecture and research in Computer Science at the University of Exeter, UK. where I have worked mainly in Knowledge Representation, with a focus on temporal and spatial issues. I have a particular interest in ontological problems arising in geographical knowledge representation.
Recent ontological activities:
- Invited speaker at FOIS 2006 (title of talk: "On What Goes On: The Ontology of Processes and Events")
- Best Paper Award (with Zena Wood) at FOIS 2008 (title of talk: "A New Classification of Collectives")
- On editorial board of Applied Ontology
- Member of temporary Executive Council of International Association for Ontology and its Applications
- Programme chair, FOIS 2010