Specifications and Research, Cannon Design Projects Director, Accuracy & Aesthetics e-mails: dmacpherson-at-cannondesign.com and debmacp-at-gmail.com
Standards Development and Working Groups
- V2 Planning Committee, Technical and Implementation Subcommittees, US National Building Information Modeling Standard NBIMS V3 Reference Architecture, (knock on wood) an ontology, and TBD.
- Business Architecture Committee (NBAC), National Information Exchange Model NIEM
- Chapter President, Northern Virginia, Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) CSI
- Facility Types, Space Types, Properties and Materials, OmniClass Development Committee OmniClass
- Advisory Board, Places & Spaces: Mapping Science P&S
I am interested in design and documentation of physical space and semantic space. Specifically, linking Building Information Modeling (BIM) technologies to Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Facility Management systems, and building owner's operational data. Particularly for purposes of energy benchmarking, integrated asset management, and delivering real-time floor plans to mobile data computers, especially for public buildings such as healthcare, justice, and education facilities.
A large challenge in the facilities community today is the development of a shared reference architecture, federating data, and maximizing use of the buildingSMART data dictionary.