Ontolog Forum

Revision as of 07:16, 9 January 2016 by imported>KennethBaclawski (Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

OKMDS: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 27-Nov-2007

  • This is the 8th conference call of the organizing committee for the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support" initiative. The session is expected to be a 1-hour conference call.

Conference Call Details

  • Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2007
  • Start Time: 10:00am PST / 1:00pm EST / 18:00 UTC
  • Expected Call Duration: 30 minutes
  • Dial-in Number:
    • from US: +1-605-475-8590 (South Dakota, USA)
      • Conference ID: "5823120#"
    • Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at:
    • view-only password: "ontolog"


  • Regrets:

Agenda Ideas

  • continue with discussion on suggested program content for the next 2~3 months or even the entire 6 months of the mini-series
  • kick-starting the online discourse on [okmds-convene], which will be archived and cross-posted to [KMgov]
  • define (ultimate) deliverables of this entire mini-series
  • ...
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)

Agenda & Proceedings

1. Meeting called to order:

  • review and adopt agenda

2. Roll Call:

3. Issues brought forward:

  • The launch session had 12 or so participants inworld.
  • Powerpoint slides will be displayed inworld so that participants do not have to open the slides separately.
  • In the future, try to get screen captures either with the inworld camera or directly from the screen. Then post the screen capture on the conference call proceedings.

4. Status of developing issues:

  • Outstanding Issue Update:
  • suggest program content for the next 2~3 months or even the entire 6 months of the mini-series
    • speaker sessions - candidate speaker, topic, date (for each)
    • panel discussions - topic, chair/moderator, candidate panelists (for each)
    • Suggestions:
      • Peter: SOFI panel - Gordon, Glenn, Yim, cheyer, Baclawski, Cassidy, Bedford - aim for this being the next event early Dec.
        • Peter's interim report: date firmed up for Thu 2007.12.13 - see title/abstract/panelists details at: ConferenceCall_2007_12_13
      • Peter: Dialog mapping - Conklin, Shum, Park et al.
      • Susan: Morrison on IARPA funded research IC use of knowledge/decision environments
        • ping Leo et al. if we put together a panel on the above focus
      • Ken: "Living with Uncertainty" - panel on probabilistic reasoning and decision support
      • Jeanne / Andy should probably have some great stuff at NASA we can draw upon
        • Working title: Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery. Panel: Rich Keller, Rob Raskin (USGS) et al
        • This will be on January 17, 2008.
      • Andy: ongoing stuff that may be of interest -
        • (1) infrastructure stuff, building the metadata, standard development work, ...
        • (2) the glamorous NASA stuff - interesting technologies to help do science, ... This is the Rich Keller/Rob Raskin panel above
      • we should solicit something from the KM community
        • Susan: Denise have started a "business narrative" working group that may be relevant
        • we need to ping Jeanne, Denise and Nancy on this
        • This will be held on 21 February 2008.
      • Kurt has approached Bo Newman about setting up something.
      • Kurt mentioned Art Murray at George Washington University on the Decision Support side. Art works with Bo.
      • Jeanne suggested linking with the architectural community. To be discussed with SusanTurnbull.
  • Online discourse
    • need to clarify on the logistics and mechanics of cross-posting to [KMgov] and [okmds-convene]
    • Ken & Kurt prepared the kick-start messages for the online discussion and will post as soon as they receive confirmation from Jeanne.
  • define (ultimate) deliverables of this entire mini-series
    • Jeanne will prepare a press release for Federal Computer Week and Government Computer News to announce the mini-series.
    • paper(s), publications?
      • Jeanne and Andy will prepare a summary paper.
      • Joint communique at the conclusion of the mini-series?
    • wikipedia article?
    • content on the website - what? how? who?
  • Discussions:

5. New Issues:

6. Any Other Business:

7. Action items:

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:

  • Call adjourned at: 10:58 am PST


notes taken by: Ken Baclawski / 2007.11.27-11:00 PST

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.