Elisa F. Kendall
Ms. Kendall has over 30 years professional experience in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-scale information management systems for communications, high technology, and aerospace applications. Her background includes many years in applied research in knowledge representation and ontology design, information architecture, complex event processing, and knowledge based systems development. She has been instrumental in bridging software engineering disciplines, such as the Object Management Group (OMG)'s Model Driven Architecture methodology, which provides a basis for automating metadata management, and knowledge representation and reasoning (Semantic Web) technologies. Ms. Kendall is principal architect of a UML-based ontology analysis, development and application deployment framework, and has developed rigorous methodologies for domain assessment supporting ontology development. Her formal training in Situation Semantics coupled with extensive systems integration experience led to Ms. Kendall's innovative approach.
Ms. Kendall brings deep experience in large-scale, complex taxonomy, ontology and knowledge-based systems development, working for customers such as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency of the DoD, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, SRI International. She represents ontology concerns on the Object Management Group (OMG)'s Architecture Board, and is co-editor of the Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM). She is also an active participant in the ISO JTC1 SC32 WG2 Metadata working group and was a member of the W3C OWL and Best Practices working groups. Recent projects include commercial ontology development for travel, agricultural, chemical engineering, financial services, and telecommunications applications.
... Source: http://thematix.com/?page_id=44
- Ms. Kendall was our invited speaker and presented to the Ontolog community on Sep. 8, 2005 in a talk is entitled: "The Model Driven Semantic Web - Emerging Technologies & Implementation Strategies" - See: ConferenceCall_2005_09_08
- Ms. Kendall's presentation at our DatabaseAndOntology mini-series, with her talk on "The Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM): Motivation & Brief Introduction" - See: ConferenceCall_2007_01_04
- Ms. Kendall's presentation at our Ontology Summit 2008 "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" Panel session - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10
- Ms. Kendall's briefing as a panelist at our "Ontology Repository Research Issues" panel discussion - ConferenceCall_2009_08_06
- Ms. Kendall's briefing as a panelist at our "OOR-BioPortal Comparative Analysis" panel discussion - ConferenceCall_2009_10_15
- Ms. Kendall's presentation at our Ontology Summit 2011: Panel Session-3 - "Harvesting the Business Value of Ontologies - II: More Case Examples" - See: ConferenceCall_2011_02_10
- Ms. Kendall's invited talk at our OntologiesAndStandards mini-series session-2: "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03