|Date/Time||August 28 2019 16:00 GMT|
|9:00am PDT/12:00pm EDT|
|5:00pm BST/6:00pm CEST|
Ontology Summit 2020 Planning Session
- Ken Baclawski Report on "Exploiting Linked Data and Knowledge Graphs in Large Organizations" edited by Jeff Z. Pan, Guido Vetere, Jose Manuel Gomez-Perez, and Honghan Wu
- Planning of Summit Sessions
- The current overall organization is the following:
- Introductory Series starting with Jans Aasman on September 4 followed by John Sowa on September 11. Need suggestions for subsequent sessions, including panel discussions. This will continue until we feel sufficiently prepared to start planning the main series.
- Main Series will start in January.
- Symposium should occur in April or May.
Conference Call Information
- Date: Wednesday, 28-August-2019
- Start Time: 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 6:00pm CEST / 5:00pm BST / 1600 UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: 1 hour
- The Video Conference URL is https://zoom.us/j/689971575
- iPhone one-tap :
- US: +16699006833,,689971575# or +16465588665,,689971575#
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8665
- Meeting ID: 689 971 575
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/Iuuiouo
- iPhone one-tap :
- Chat Room
[12:09] David Eddy: https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/D17-1184
[12:11] David Eddy: that link to an article posted to Ontolog Forum email list
[12:25] ToddSchneider: Kenneth provided his book report on 'Exploiting Linked Data and Knowledge Graphs ion Large Organizations'
[12:25] RaviSharma: Ken described a collection of papers on knowledge graph (pre publication) that tries to define Knowledge Graphs - editors Jeff Z Pan et al.
[12:27] ToddSchneider: havas.com
[12:31] RaviSharma: Todd - DOD towards model based engineering?
[12:32] ToddSchneider: Ravi, yes.
[12:33] David Eddy: Murphy & Yates "Engineering Rules"... history of standards setting efforts since late 1800s.
[12:39] RaviSharma: Ken - an overview limited to one type (namely RDF and OWL) in this book (review) and it can be a reference, for our topic, articles are high level, medical or healthcare use cases etc.
[12:41] RaviSharma: Jans Aasman next week
[12:41] RaviSharma: Todd I have same as of June
[12:42] RaviSharma: John Sept 11,
[12:44] David Eddy: neither is English a strong point for most native English speakers.
[12:45] David Eddy: Todd... which makes my core point... everyone comes to the table with different life experiences & difference (mental) dictionaries.
[12:45] ToddSchneider: the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed
[12:46] Gary: First author, Jeff Pan of that KG book has set of slides (100+) is at https://www.slideshare.net/jeffpan_sw/linked-data-and-knowledge-graphs-constructing-and-understanding-knowledge-graphs
[12:47] RaviSharma: Thanks Gary
[12:48] Gary: Jeff Pan initial def of KG - A knowledge graph is a set of interconnected typed entities and their attributes.
[12:54] David Eddy: Do understand there are some 73 degree granting institutions in Boston area.
[12:57] RaviSharma1: Gary - So we keep discussing and documenting the definition of Knowledge Graphs by different speakers
[12:58] RaviSharma1: where else can we advertise?
[13:00] RaviSharma1: Ram - Washington Academy, Todd IAOA,
[13:10] RaviSharma1: Ram - Guha
[13:10] RaviSharma1: https://www.nsf.gov/od/oia/convergence-accelerator/index.jsp
[13:10] Ram D. Sriram: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/nsf19050/nsf19050.jsp?org=NSF
[13:11] Gary: NSF contacts:
- W. Douglas Maughandmaughan@nsf.gov Phone: 703-292-2497
- Lara Campbelllcampbel@nsf.gov Phone: 703-292-7049
- Evan Heitekheit@nsf.gov Phone: 703-292-4305
- Nancy Kameinkamei@nsf.gov Phone: 703-292-7236
[13:12] RaviSharma: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/nsf19065/nsf19065.jsp?WT.mc_id=USNSF_179
[13:13] RaviSharma: Ram and Gary - we need more participants as well from these forums
[13:13] Ken Baclawski: I will try to contact Amit Sheth. Other possible speakers at the introductory series: Guha, Yolanda Gil
[13:13] Gary: Presentations from the OKN meeting at NIH
- Building a Knowledge Graph for Earth Science, Rahul Ramachandran, Jia Zhang, Tsengdar Lee
- DARPA and Data: A Portfolio Overview, William C. Regli, Brian Pierce
- Knowledge Networks in Biomedicine, Sergio E Baranzini, University of California
- Manufacturing, Barry Smith
- Open Knowledge Network, Andrew W. Moore, Ramanathan V. Guha
- Open Knowledge Network: Recap & Some Related Work at NSF, Chaitanya Baru
- Open Knowledge Networks for Geosciences, Sustainability, and Convergent Research in Natural-Human Systems, Yolanda Gil, University of Southern California
- Reflections on Data Science for Finance (Dsfin), Louiqa Raschid
- Representing The Financial System, Mark D. Flood, Office of Financial Research
- Role of NIST in Realizing OKN, Ram D. Sriram, National Institute of Standards and Technology
[13:15] RaviSharma: Ram - more on participant forums, let us all meet, Ram suggested Guha and Yolanda,
[13:17] RaviSharma: more a participatory forum than speakers who come speak but do not stay for other sessions
[13:18] RaviSharma: Gary thanks
[13:19] David Eddy: thx Ken