|Date/Time||22 June 2020 16:00 GMT|
|9:00am PDT/12:00pm EDT|
|5:00pm BST/6:00pm CEST|
Ontology Summit 2020 Communiqué
Knowledge graphs, closely related to ontologies and semantic networks, have emerged in the last few years to be an important semantic technology and research area. As structured representations of semantic knowledge that are stored in a graph, KGs are lightweight versions of semantic networks that scale to massive datasets such as the entire World Wide Web. Industry has devoted a great deal of effort to the development of knowledge graphs, and they are now critical to the functions of intelligent virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa. Some of the research communities where KGs are relevant are Ontologies, Big Data, Linked Data, Open Knowledge Network, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and many others.
- Convening of Session
- Splitting into working groups with each group in its own Zoom room, wiki page and soaphub chat room as follows:
- Room 1: Whence - What brought the use of graphs in as persistence mechanisms. Will need to address other non-relational persistence mechanisms; historical background; this can include parts of 'why'.
- Room 2: Current State - How graph persistence mechanisms are being used.
- Room 3: Problems - What the differences in the current uses are and what problems they may cause going forward.
- Room 4: Whither - Our recommendation of how a the notion 'knowledge graph' should be defined; and how standards can help. This might lead to the next year's summit topic.
Conference Call Information
- Date: Monday, 22 June 2020
- Start Time: 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 6:00pm CEST / 5:00pm BST / 1600 UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- The Video Conference URL is https://zoom.us/j/689971575
- iPhone one-tap :
- US: +16699006833,,689971575# or +16465588665,,689971575#
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8665
- Meeting ID: 689 971 575
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/Iuuiouo
- iPhone one-tap :
- Chat Room: http://bit.ly/2LkAbKj
- If the chat room is not available, then use the Zoom chat room.
- Alex Shkotin
- Gary Berg-Cross
- Ken Baclawski
- Mariya Evtimova
- Ram D. Sriram
- Ravi Sharma
- Russell Reinsch
- Todd Schneider
The sections contain the proceedings of the four working groups.