|Date/Time||October 28 2020 16:00 GMT|
|9:00am PDT/12:00pm EDT|
|4:00pm GMT/5:00pm CET|
Ontology Summit 2020 Topic:Communiqué Discussion
- Continue discussion of the Communiqué for the Ontology Summit 2020: Knowledge Graphs
- Note that the US and Canada are still on summer time while Europe has returned to standard time, so the session is an hour earlier than usual in Europe.
Conference Call Information
- Date: Wednesday, 28-October-2020
- Start Time: 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 5:00pm CET / 4:00pm GMT / 1600 UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: 1 hour
- The Video Conference URL is https://bit.ly/3i1uPRl
- iPhone one-tap :
- +16465588656,,83077436914#,,,,,,0#,,822275# US (New York)
- +13017158592,,83077436914#,,,,,,0#,,822275# US (Germantown)
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kd3SqdIOZl
- Meeting ID: 830 7743 6914
- Passcode: 822275
- iPhone one-tap :
- Chat Room: https://bit.ly/39PzQJW
- If the chat room is not available, then use the Zoom chat room.
- Alex Shkotin
- Dave Whitten
- David Eddy
- Gary Berg-Cross
- Ken Baclawski
- Ram D. Sriram
- Ravi Sharma
- Russell Reinsch
[12:06] AlexShkotin: David, semantics is a reference to reality.
[12:07] DrRaviSharma: same problem again
[12:16] David Eddy: @Alex... but "reality" is hugely vague
[12:17] David Eddy: "reality" is that I can see visible light... & "invisible" wavelengths are not reality since my instruments (eyes) can't see a wide spectrum of energy.
[12:18] AlexShkotin: David, this is why ontology topic is wide and complex
[12:20] AlexShkotin: we count on physics mostly, and its devices.
[12:28] David Eddy: big issue... how to MAINTAIN accurate contents of any sort of KG
[12:29] AlexShkotin: one way is converting KG to/from CNL texts.
[12:31] AlexShkotin: 10 years ago we converted RDB to CNL and RDB owner was happy.
[12:32] AlexShkotin: other way is that KG is readable itself.
[12:36] AlexShkotin: m-w.com:Definition of Santa Claus
- a plump, white-bearded, red-suited, and jolly old man in modern folklore who delivers presents to children at Christmastime
[12:38] AlexShkotin: it's better not use multigraph - just graph
[12:38] David Eddy: @Alex... boy would I like to see MW (which I do not have) vs OED (which I do have) definition comparisons.
[12:39] AlexShkotin: I use MW as it is online - so you have it https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Santa%20Claus
[12:40] David Eddy: @Alex... and for every visit to MW, you go away with 200+ cookies... which will follow you around the internet. I'll pass.
[12:42] AlexShkotin: fighting with cookies is orthogonal issue.
[12:42] David Eddy: @Alex... "orthogonal" is a word I've never adequately groked...
[12:44] AlexShkotin: OK than another
[12:45] AlexShkotin: orthogonal means that two issues are independent.
[12:50] russell r: Alex - meaning independent in some respect? / not entirely independent?
[12:51] AlexShkotin: @Russell two topics are: definition of Santa and how to kill cookies.
[12:52] russell r: Ok is okay to say the x axis is orthogonal to the y axis?
[12:53] russell r: or Z dimension?
[12:53] AlexShkotin: if you use orthogonal basic vectors.
[12:55] DrRaviSharma: thanks everyone till next wednesday
[12:55] AlexShkotin: C U