|Date/Time||October 21 2020 16:00 GMT|
|9:00am PDT/12:00pm EDT|
|5:00pm BST/6:00pm CEST|
Ontology Summit 2020 Topic:Communiqué Editing
- The Communiqué for the Ontology Summit 2020: Knowledge Graphs will be presented and the editing process will begin.
- The first draft of the Communiqué is available for commenting and editing at https://bit.ly/3dJAGKd
Conference Call Information
- Date: Wednesday, 21-October-2020
- Start Time: 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 6:00pm CEST / 5:00pm BST / 1600 UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: 1 hour
- The Video Conference URL is https://bit.ly/3i1uPRl
- iPhone one-tap :
- +16465588656,,83077436914#,,,,,,0#,,822275# US (New York)
- +13017158592,,83077436914#,,,,,,0#,,822275# US (Germantown)
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kd3SqdIOZl
- Meeting ID: 830 7743 6914
- Passcode: 822275
- iPhone one-tap :
- Chat Room: https://bit.ly/39PzQJW
- If the chat room is not available, then use the Zoom chat room.
[11:54] DrRaviSharma: hi ken thanks for the Communique draft, just opening now
[11:56] DrRaviSharma: All- the framework whence etc should appear as Logo or small icon in Communique?
[12:06] DrRaviSharma1: we have agreed to search for similar image of tree that are not copyrighted
[12:07] David Eddy: I formally object.. image should be either mobius strip or klein bottle ... no beginning & no end. https://kleinbottle.com/
[12:08] David Eddy: "reality" folds back onto itself
[12:10] David Eddy: a granite eating fungus/lichen... excellent
[12:11] David Eddy: drop the graphic issue for today... move on
[12:11] David Eddy: logo is needed... but later
[12:12] gary: Draft at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSYlVebUz98WpjvUk09MZzB34Xsy9eDp/view
[12:31] KenBaclawski: KG + KGI = KGS
[12:33] DrRaviSharma: It was agreed that KG life cycle will also be distinguished in he communique
[12:33] DrRaviSharma: KGI holds content of KG as does all infrastructure - Ravi's comment
[12:36] DrRaviSharma: Ken- said KGs do not have deep schema!
[12:38] ToddSchneider: The image, Figure 1, 'Architecture of a Knowledge Graph Infrastructure from ', does not appear in a downloaded copy of the communique draft.
[12:38] DrRaviSharma: KGI with KG para last sentence is to be brought up.
[12:40] ToddSchneider: Should the forum posts about the definition about the definition of a knowledge graph be made available (as a collection, time ordered) on the communique web site?
[12:42] russell reinsch: Using KGs independent of reasoning: better integration, and the associated provenance, change semantics, and things for governance are included in the graph,
[12:42] russell reinsch: as opposed to being located outside of an rdbms
[12:43] russell reinsch: provenance elements are part of the graph, not located elsewhere
[12:43] russell reinsch: New data introduced with less effort.
[12:44] russell reinsch: Handful of reasons why using them without reasoning or inference
[12:46] DrRaviSharma: Ken - what about Category theiries and situational techniques for KG?
[12:49] DrRaviSharma: we will add Financial- thanks
[12:55] ToddSchneider: Add qualifying sentence to 'Challenges' table to indicate that there is more each of the items listed in 'Problem/Issue' column.
[12:57] DrRaviSharma: we found financial in standards
[12:58] DrRaviSharma: Ram said we can say something about framework in the introduction as background....
[12:58] DrRaviSharma: Gary - great insights especially in Problems and issues areas?
[12:59] DrRaviSharma: Ontologies were not explicitly useful during summit even though their importance was recognized by everyone!
[12:59] DrRaviSharma: Gary mentioned parallel with Data ware houses
[13:00] ToddSchneider: "Lack of use of an ontology as the basis for a knowledge graph limits their usefulness, effectiveness and extensibility."
[13:01] ToddSchneider: Slight modification: "Lack of use of a well crafted ontology as the basis for a knowledge graph limits their usefulness, effectiveness and extensibility."
[13:05] DrRaviSharma: Gary sorry typo
[13:05] DrRaviSharma: next week final draft
[13:10] DrRaviSharma: attempting to copy from zoom chat
[12:08] RussellReinsch : more than one type of graph
[12:08] RussellReinsch : hierarchic type
[12:08] RussellReinsch : everything connected type
[12:09] Ram Sriram : Thanks Russell
[12:10] RussellReinsch : I would like to submit two ideas as substitutes for the tree diagram
[12:10] RussellReinsch : that I can draft for the group to view
[12:13] RussellReinsch : I can read it too
[12:17] RussellReinsch : accessible for users
[12:18] Alex Shkotin : Russell, try https://groups.google.com/g/ontolog-forum
[12:20] RussellReinsch : Thanks A;ex
[12:26] RussellReinsch : because we don't have full access yet
[12:28] RussellReinsch : It was a pipeline but there was something about it that
[12:28] RussellReinsch : was problematic for me
[12:28] Alex Shkotin : Russell, it's better to use http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/ontology_summit_2021
[12:29] Alex Shkotin : you are there :-)
[12:33] RussellReinsch : @ Alex - OK
[12:35] Alex Shkotin : but we have "If the chat room is not available, then use the Zoom chat room." :-)
[12:55] Brand Niemann : Thanks for letting me join. I will check back periodically.
[13:09] Ravi Sharma : Alex, yes it is better to post here rather than loose the thought.
[13:09] Alex Shkotin : :-)