[ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2007-04-05
- Topic: Ontolog operations planning and review meeting
Conference Call Details
- Date: Thursday, April 05, 2007
- Start Time: 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT / 17:30 GMT/UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: ~1.0 hours
- Dial-in Number:
- Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120
- When calling in from a phone, use Conference ID: "5823120#"
- from a US telephone (US): +1-605-475-8590 (South Dakota, USA)
- from Europe, call:
- Belgium 070-35-9989
- France 0826-100-277
- Germany 01805-00-7649
- Ireland 0818-270-034
- Italy 0848-390-175
- Switzerland 0848-560-195
- UK 0870-738-0763
- callers from other countries please dial into either one of the US or European numbers
- Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/
- view-only password: "ontolog"
- if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker or moderator may be avigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the session has started.
- people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download any pertinent material and run it on your own desktop.
- Please review our Virtual Session Tips and Ground Rules - see: VirtualSpeakerSessionTips
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org appreciated.
- This session, like all other Ontolog events, is open to the public. Information relating to this session is shared on this wiki page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_03_22
- Please note that proceedings of this session is expected to be open content to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.
- John F. Sowa (will only be able to call in at 2:00pm EDT)
- ... to register for participation, please add your name (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <email@example.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...
(please insert items you would like to see covered here)
- standing items: project reports and event planning
- Peter P. Yim: discuss the processing of the Ontology Summit 2007 survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops.
Agenda & Proceedings
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda
- Kurt Conrad took the chair and welcomed everyone.
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes
- Peter P. Yim volunteered
3) Roll-call of participants
- see above
- Welcome new Ontolog community members - especially those who have just joined the community.
4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)
- Scheduled Ontolog Events:
- Thursday, 12-April-2007 - Dr. Matthew West presented the 6th Event in the "Database And Ontology" Mini-Series - Mr. Edward Barkmeyer from NIST was our invited speaker and gave a talk on "Ontologies as the Next Generation Information Models" ... Please refer to details at the session wiki page, at: ConferenceCall_2007_04_12 ... Audio archives of the session is now available! - still awaiting some details
- of course, the 23 & 24-Apr-2007 Ontology Summit 2007 workshops and symposium are coming up - both on-site and remote participation are supported!
- - use this link (instead): OntologySummit2007/RemoteAttendees
- Other upcoming events of interest - see: RelevantEventsOfInterest2007
5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues
6) Follow-ups from previous calls
- great session last week on "Probabilistic Reasoning and Ontology Evaluation"
- consensus is to do something to follow that up (given the interest and the importance of the subject)
- ideas, suggestions?
- Ken will try to enlarge the group
- Peter: CIM3 could consider providing collaboration infrastructure support on pro bono basis (prior to availability of institutional funding)
7) Current Project Status Report - item skipped
- Current Project Status Review:
- Status CctRepresentation and UblOntology project work
- Status of ProtegeKIF project work
- status of NHIN-RFI & Health-Ont project work
- status of OntologTaxoThesaurus project work
- status of OntologyDrivenApplications compilation work
- status of the ONION project startup
- UBL liaison report
- UBL has agreed to co-sponsor "OntologySummit2007"
- SICoP / ONTAC liaison report
- NCOR liaison report
- Planning team report
8) Key Issues discussion:
- Discussion on the processing of the OntologySummit2007_Survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops.
- synthesizing the OntologySummit2007_Survey/Response
- Ken: the survey inputs links back to the mailing list dialog
- first focusing on the terms and artifact, will work on the value/issues ... etc. later
- context provided on the survey is good, relates back to the forum discussions
- Doug Holmes joining the team; Ken will take lead
- besides posting results to the wiki, be prepared to present the results at the summit
- please post analysis and synthesis results to: OntologySummit2007_Survey/ResponseAnalysis
- synthesizing the forum discourse on [ontology-summit] & the recent 2 months+ on [ontolog-forum]
- we still hope to get 3 perspectives:
- formal ontologists - Pat, Chris & John
- taxonomy - Denise & Bob?
- web 2.0 - Tom
- synthesizing the OntologySummit2007_Survey/Response
- Ideas, Remarks, ...
9) New project proposals - no new discussion
10) Sponsorship and funding - no new discussion
11) Other business - no new discussion
- closer to the time, let's talk about people going to Gaithersburg (for Apr 23 & 24) to get together
- Doug and Peter has already agree that they'll get together for dinner Sunday (Apr-22) evening
- Ken also flying in on Sunday ... he'll confirm his availability for dinner.
12) Next meeting date and adjourn
- Our next meeting/call will be the Thu 2007.04.12, ... Edward Barkmeyer from NIST giving a talk on "Ontologies as the Next Generation Information Models" ... Please refer to details, closer to the time, at the session wiki page, at: ConferenceCall_2007_04_12 ... talk to you then!
- this call session adjourned 11:22 am PDT
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2007.04.05-11:22am PDT
Attendees are requested to review the notes above, help clean it up, and make amendments and edits to better
reflect the proceedings of the session as they see fit (particularly where they are personally involved). =ppy