|Session||Contexts for Integration and Interoperability|
|Date/Time||Feb 21 2018 17:00 GMT|
|9:00am PST/12:00pm EST|
|5:00pm GMT/6:00pm CET|
|Convener||CoryCasanave and RaviSharma|
Ontology Summit 2018 Contexts for Integration and Interoperability Session 1
Eswaran ‘Sub’ Subrahmanian and Ira Monarch (NIST, CMU) on
Root and rule based approach to search and knowledge representation given extensible and evolving terminology.
Conference Call Information
- Date: Wednesday, 21-February-2018
- Start Time: 9:00am PST / 12:00pm EST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 1700 UTC
- Expected Call Duration: ~1.5 hours
- Video Conference URL: https://bluejeans.com/703588230
- If you have not used BlueJeans before, then connect to the URL above before the meeting time so that the required plug-in can be installed.
- Chatroom: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/ontology_summit_2018
- Instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").
- You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.
- This session, like all other Ontolog events, is open to the public. Information relating to this session is shared on this wiki page.
- Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.
- Alessandro Oltramari
- Alex Shkotin
- Andrea Westerinen
- Andrew Dougherty
- Arik Brutian
- Barry Smith
- Bill DeSmedt
- Bobbin Teegarden
- Bob Schloss
- Christi Kapp
- Cory Casanave
- Dan Webb
- Dave Whitten
- David Eddy
- Douglas R Miles
- Evan Wallace
- Fabian Neuhaus
- Frank Loebe
- Frank Olken
- Gary Berg-Cross
- Jack Ring
- James Davenport
- Janet Singer
- Jim Disbrow
- Jim Logan
- John Sowa
- Jonathan Bona
- Ken Baclawski
- Lucia Gomez
- Marcello Ceci
- Mark Underwood
- Mayank Kejriwal
- Michael Wessel
- Mike Bennett
- Mike Riben
- Patrick Maroney
- Ralph Schaefermeier
- Ramanathan Guha
- Ram D. Sriram
- Ravi Sharma
- Russ Reinsch
- Stephen Richard
- Terry Longstreth
- Thomas Lörtsch
- Todd Schneider
- Vicki Tardif Holland
ToddSchneider: How are contexts used or recognized in the process(es)?
Gary Berg-Cross: From Jack Ring how will you know which term is the more general
ToddSchneider: Must the ordering of 'roots' be linear?
DouglasRMiles: This a great and meaty talk!
ToddSchneider: Cory, will questions be taken at the end of each presentation? Or at the conclusion of all presentations?
Cory Casanave: Todd, as the presentations are connected - I suggest we do it at the end.
DouglasRMiles: So the idea is not just deduce a NatLanguage lexicon ,, but a starting point that perhaps ontology can be formed
DouglasRMiles: Question: So the NL that get pumped into this system.. is the text author aware of how their statements will be gleaned?
ToddSchneider: URL: randr.nist.gov/mgi
DouglasRMiles: (Well i guess that answer is no. but it wouldn't hurt to allow that)
Gary Berg-Cross: Does this NIST work relate in some way to the materials work going on by Chandler Becker also at NIST?
Jack Ring: There are many more vulnerabilities in a given system than CWE knows about. How will you apply for ideas to find all vulnerabilities?
Jack Ring: Pls show your ontology for "vulnerability"
Jack Ring: #31 Because memory corruption is enabled by the recently popular languages?
John Sowa: I have to leave now.
Jack Ring: Pls show ontology of these six terms: 1/28/2018, 1/30/2018, add, subtract, multiply, divide
ToddSchneider: How might ontologies generated with your processes be aligned automatically with a foundational/upper ontology?
ToddSchneider: How might your search capabilities be used across 'domains' (that may contain similar terms)?
Jack Ring: Pls show ontology of a)Denial of service and system downtime
Cory Casanave: knowledge discovery metamodel (A use of it): http://kdmanalytics.com/resources/standards/kdm/
ToddSchneider: Cory, where did you post the link?
Cory Casanave: Here is the standard: https://www.omg.org/spec/KDM
ToddSchneider: Cory, never mind; Slow screen update.
Gary Berg-Cross: Have to go now...