Ontolog Forum

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2008-07-25

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2008.07.25, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 16:00 UTC

Conference Call Details

  • Date: Friday, July 25, 2008
  • Start Time: 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 16:00 UTC
  • Expected Call Duration: 1.0~1.5 hours
  • Dial-in Number:
    • Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120
    • When calling in from a phone, use Conference ID: "5823120#"
    • from a US telephone (US): +1-605-475-8590 (South Dakota, USA)
    • from Europe, call:
      • Austria 0820-4000-1574
      • Belgium 070-35-9989
      • France 0826-100-277
      • Germany 01805-00-7649
      • Ireland 0818-270-034
      • Italy 0848-390-175
      • Netherlands 0870-001-932
      • Spain 0902-886-051
      • Switzerland 0848-560-195
      • UK 0870-738-0763
    • callers from other countries please dial into either one of the US or European numbers
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session) will be started 5 minutes before the call at:
    • view-only password: "ontolog"
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.


  • Expecting:
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...

Agenda Ideas

  • continue to get updates from the four subgroups
  • discussion on making the best of the "OOR: Synergies and Gaps Panel" session
    • slated for Fri 2008.08.22 2.5-Hrs starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 16:00 UTC
    • try to finalize on the panelists for this session
  • (please insert your suggested agenda items here)

Agenda & Proceedings

1. Meeting called to order:

  • review and adopt agenda

2. Roll Call:

  • intros:
    • Carlos Rueda (MMI - Marine Metadata Interoperability project)
    • Ravi Madduri (Argonne Natl Lab)

3. Status Review and Discussion:

  • Urgent issues:
  • Logistics and Communications
  • Progress updates and Discussions:
Further to the discussion at our May-9 call and subsequent announcement, breakout subgroups will report back on their discussions/recommendations in the following four major areas:
  • Resource & Funding - Ken Baclawski
    • need to get something going ...
  • Organization & Process - Peter P. Yim with Leo Obrst & Mike Dean
    • "Getting OOR Development Off The Ground: Identifying Synergies and Gaps" Panel session - Fri 2008.08.22 - 2.5 Hrs starting 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 6:00pm CEST / 16:00 UTC - date & time now locked in
      • received responses from Mike Dean, Pat Hayes, Mark Musen, Bruce Bargmeyer, Leo Obrst already, and, between 8/21 & 8/22, 8/22 is the viable or preferred date.)
      • draft agenda: (i) Mike demos his GUI-Prototype (15~20 min.); (ii) panelist comments on how their existing work plugs in (10 min. each); (iii) open discussion (~60 min.); (iv) Reduce to actionable items for immediate future (15 min.)
    • Discussion:
      • finalize on the panelists for this session
        • targeting discussion on: (a) code base contribution, (b) talking about the programatic interface, (c) federation considerations for code development
        • Leo and Mike will put out a message to the [oor-forum] list to guide the panelists in their preparation and to align participants' expectations
        • Leo Obrst will be chairing the session
        • on the panel: Mike Dean, Mark Musen and/or BenjaminDai, Li Ding, Bruce Bargmeyer, ... awaiting confirmation: Pat Hayes, Peter Haase, Elisa Kendall (maybe not, if OMG does not have code to contribute at this point.)
          • possibly LuizBermudez too, depending on whether they could contribute a core piece to the initial codebase
      • Content:
      • who else are we expecting at the session (developers, especially)
      • Action:
        • pairwise coordination between core code contributors, please ... between now and the 8/22 session.
        • Peter: possibility of preparing the (first instance) OOR server platform <> and have people (if they want to) demo from that ... but, maybe this could be one of our action items immediately after the 8/22 session

4. New Issues:

5. Any Other Business:

6. Action items:

  • our short-term plan:
    • tasks
    • deliverables
    • Timeline / Milestones:

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:

  • Next Meeting:
    • next OOR-team meeting Fri 2008.08.08 - 1.0~1.5 Hr. starting 12:00noon EDT / 9:00am PDT - see: OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_08_08 (closer to the time)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 16:00 GMT/UTC
  • Call adjourned at: 10:15am PDT


notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.07.25-10:19am PDT

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.